Spring Session 2020. Classes are POSTPONED until May.
Here are the days and times for this session’s classes:
Sunday Classes start TBD:
– 9:30-1015a Nosework Intermediate. This class is for anyone wanting to get involved with the fun of Nosework on a playful or competitive level. Learn about the scents and the work towards trialing!
– 10:30a-12:00p Nosework Advanced. This class is for those who have completed the Beginner session and are on their way to competition.
– 12:30-1:30p Conformation Mat Drop-In. This mat time is specifically for those wanting to practice for the breed ring. We will be helping one another with exams, gaiting, and show experiences. Please know your breed’s standard and bring a copy to class so we can all learn. Prices: Members $5/week, Non-members $10/week.
Monday Classes start TBD:
– 6:00p-6:45p Agility Advanced You MUST have taken Foundations, Agility Beginners, and Agility Intermediate **FULL**
– 7:00p-7:45p Agility Intermediate. You must have taken Foundations and Agility Beginners **FULL**
– 8:00p-8:45p Agility Beginners. You must have taken Foundations I and II **FULL**
For INQUIRIES ONLY regarding Agility and Sports Foundations classes, please call (218) 749-4335 and leave a short message with your phone number for Nancy McKenzie. Thank you.
Tuesday Classes start TBD:
– 6:00p-6:45p Sports Foundations I. Beginning step to starting towards Agility competition **FULL**
– 7:00p-7:20p Building Heeling. (Special fee: $20.00) We will be breaking down the heeling exercise into its individual components. In 20 minute sessions, each week we will introduce one component and work on ways to perfect and polish each piece. Every week we will build on the previous lessons. At the conclusion of this class, you will have the tools to build your heeling into an awesome performance and keep those precious points in the ring.
– 8:00p-8:45p Novice Obedience Prep. Beginning step towards competing in Obedience rings.
Wednesday Classes start TBD:
– 6:00-6:45p Puppy Class(Puppies 8 weeks to 5 months old)
Puppies must have first set of shots. Start your puppy out right with socialization, basic training, activities, and responsibility
– 7:00-7:45p Beginner Obedience
This class is for dogs 5 months and older. Every day good manners and responsible dog ownership are taught through basic obedience/manners. Topics covered: Controlled walking, coming when called, sits, downs, stays, and jumping.
Thursday Classes start TBD:
– 5:30-6:15p Youth Agility (Special fee: $10.00)
This class is for youth (kids) up to age 18. They will focus on basic/beginning obedience skills.
– 6:30-7:15p Rally Beginner
This is for beginning in Rally or Obedience. This involves dog/handler following a sign-based course. You will learn the general rules and experience courses. Great for teamwork building.
– 7:30p-8:30p: Rally Advanced
This is for continuing in Rally or wanting to/or currently competing in Rally Obedience. This involves dog/handler following a sign-based course. You will learn the general rules and experience increasing difficulty courses. Great for teamwork building.
– 7:30-8:15 This is for those interested in learning about and/or those wanting to/or currently competing in Rally Obedience. This involves dog/handler following a sign-based course. You will learn the general rules and experience courses. Great for teamwork building.
Prices for our 8-week class:
Non-members: $80 Non-Active members: $40 Active Working Members: $25 Jr/Youth $20
Please bring your application & payment (cash or check payable to IRDTC to Orientation or mail to: IRDTC, PO Box 14, Virginia, MN 55792. Sorry we do not accept Debit/Credit cards at this time.
REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR VACCINATION RECORDS AND VERIFICATION OF RABIES VACCINATION WITH YOU TO ORIENTATION. (Puppies under 6 months are exempt from the proof of rabies immunizations. If you do not have your rabies proof with you orientation night, please furnish it at the next class).
QUESTIONS? Call us at 218-749-HEEL (4335)